Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Host Institution(s) and Online Courses offered: See the list of eligible distance learning Master’s courses offered by participating UK institutions for 2023
Number of Scholarships: Not specified.
Nationals of Commonwealth Developing Countries:
Bangladesh, Belize, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Scholarship value/inclusions: A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
RECOMMENDED: University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) 2023
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for the scholarship, you must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
• Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships Application instructions
Candidates must apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
To apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, you must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. All applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 28 March 2023 at the latest.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. All enquiries about these scholarships should be directed to the university to which you wish to apply.
- Official Scholarship Website: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-distance-learning-scholarships-candidates-2022/
DFID/UK Universities Online Masters Degree
- Deadline: 28 March 2023 (annual)
- Study in: any Country
- Course starts September 2023