Hotel or motel managers oversee all day-to-day operations and functions of a hotel or motel. These include managing reservations, security, supervising reception, coordinating room service, hospitality and housekeeping activities.
- Location: 277 Willow St.Truro, NSB2N 5A3
- Salary: $23.50 to $25.00 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced Motel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our motel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
It is important for the motel manager to be involved in all aspects of the motel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
The motel manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our motel’s reputation.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the motel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Motel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all motel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of motel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Motel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Remote location
- Willing to relocate
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Less than 50 rooms
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations
- Recruit and hire staff
- Supervise staff
- Conduct performance reviews
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Conduct training sessions
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities
- Perform front desk duties
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Prepare marketing plans
- Implement marketing activities
- Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Develop and implement business plans
- Establish work schedules
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide information regarding features of rooms, service of hotel and points of interest
- 11-15 people
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Office
- Hotel and convention services
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
277 Willow St.
277 Willow St.
B2N 5A3 Between 02:00 PM and 04:30 PM
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter