Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized. Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks. Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Location: Fall River, NS
- Salary: $14.00 hourly for 35 to 48 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Weekend, Shift
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
A Dishwasher is a professional who is responsible for cleaning dishes in a foodservice environment to ensure that there is always plenty of clean tableware at hand. When washing, they prioritize different types and sizes of crockery and kitchen utensils. They are in charge of loading the dishwasher and placing dishes on drying racks to be put away properly when done using.
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our restaurant.
Dishwasher responsibilities include collecting used dishes, plates and utensils, loading washing machines and stacking washed items appropriately. If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you. Note that this role requires working in shifts and, occasionally, during evenings or weekends.
Ultimately, you’ll help provide an unforgettable dining experience for our customers.
- Collect used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supplies stock (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Dishwasher or on Wait Staff
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings
- High school diploma is a plus
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Full time enrollment
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Place dishes in storage area
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Conventional oven
- Deep fryer
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
3009 Hwy 2
Fall River, NS